Ayurveda in Kerala
Ayurveda in kerala, it was developed scientifically and a variety of special medicines, treatments and therapies were successfully formulated by traditional medical practitioners and passed to the ensuing generations. The popularity of ayurveda in kerala grew from the fact and truth that these herbal medicines and compounds were 100% free from any artificial ingredients and did not contain any metals or minerals harmful to the body.
Kerala is definitely the only place in the world that provides authentic ayurveda treatment because:
- Great scholars learnt, experimented, lived and practiced ayurveda in kerala and still continue to do so.
- Kerala possesses the ayurveda traditional richness of hundreds and thousands of families still following their inherited ayurveda traditions and subsequently elevating themselves with the contemporary academic ayurveda education. They do retain and safeguard their own secret traditional formulas for treatments of various ailments.
- Kerala’s tropical climate with no extreme temperature changes and maintained in the range of 25-35° Celsius all-round the year is very much the ideal for the kerala ayurveda panchakarma treatments as advised in the ayurveda textbooks.
- Marmachickitsa treatment through manipulation and correction of marmas or the vital points through various special massages originated here and were developed as a still flourishing special treatment system by kerala ayurveda marma specialists.
- Kerala physicians possess in depth theoretical and practical knowledge and experience to administer panchakarma.
- First Ayurveda College in India was established in Kerala which now has more than 20 well equipped ayurveda academic institutes.
- Ayurveda is a way of living in kerala and the traditions of the people thickly connect with ayurveda, the famous Karkitaka Chikitsa or Monsoon treatment tradition being the flagship.
- Rich bio diversity (availability of fresh herbs and shrubs) support ayurveda in Kerala. Kerala is home to more than 900 species of medicinal herbs, plants and trees.
- The facility, availability and technical knowledge to prepare herbal medicines is highly developed and perfected over the centuries.